Rules and documents for Accredited Assessors
NABERSNZ assessors are required to collect and interpret assessment data.
The following documents outline the rules, rulings, and procedures and provide guidance for Accredited Assessors.
The current version of the NABERSNZ rules for collecting and using data is available below.
The documents below provide subsidiary rules clarifications addressing specific issues often encountered during the assessment process.
- Inclusion or exclusion of HVAC energy using limited sub-metering (commonly referred to as the reheat ruling) [DOCX 55KB]
- Thermal Energy Exclusions [PDF 234KB]
- Minimum Occupancy for New or Refurbished Buildings [PDF 114KB]
- Condenser Water Use [PDF 138KB]
- Treatment of Rentable Areas [PDF 118KB]
Process guidance for Accredited Assessors and rating clients.
- Rating Auditing [PDF 131KB]
- Assessment Procedure [PDF 173KB]
- Process Outline [PDF 173KB]
- Information Transfer Procedure [PDF 135KB]
Accredited Assessor documents
Guidance and templates through which Accredited Assessors maintain their accreditation and conduct assessments.
- Company Agreement [PDF 203KB]
- Accredited Assessor Agreement [PDF 197KB]
- Code of Practice [PDF 130KB]
- Accredited Assessor and Certified Rating Renewal [PDF 112KB]
Factsheets and guidelines
Guidelines and introductions to ensure the NABERSNZ brand and certified ratings are communicated effectively and consistently by NABERSNZ Accredited Assessors and clients.
- Certified Ratings Terms and Conditions [PDF 116KB]
- Brand guidelines [PDF 3.9MB]
- Preparing for a NABERSNZ Certified Rating [PDF 154KB]
- A clear view of building energy performance [PDF 168KB]
- Before you get an energy rating [PDF 243KB]
- Energy metering in office buildings [PDF 244KB]