Green revamp delivers a shining 5 star NABERSNZ rating
Sustainability ruled when Wellington development company Cheops Holdings Ltd transformed two old tower blocks into a dynamic green building in the city’s CBD.
Now 22 Boulcott Street has achieved a market leading 5 star NABERSNZ base building proving its green credentials translate into an energy smart performance.
Located close to Wellington’s main retail zone, 22 Boulcott Street once formed part of the large-scale iconic Wellington Newspapers Ltd site. Cheops’ redevelopment has converted tired building stock into a showcase of sustainable reuse with highflying 5 Green Star credentials.
Images courtesy of photographer Andy Spain.
Compendium of green features include:
- A towering high performance low-emission glazed curtain wall providing natural light and maximising thermal performance and comfort
- High performance HVAC equipment
- Increased outside air rate at 150% improvement on NZBC requirements
- Occupancy and motion sensors control lighting and reduce HVAC set points when spaces are unoccupied
- Good levels of daylighting and LED lighting
- Very efficient water usage and condensing boiler leading to low domestic hot water energy consumption
- Parking spaces designed for fuel efficient transport
- Provision of end of trip cycling facilities for staff