NABERSNZ free feasibility assessment offer
Get your free NABERSNZ feasibility assessment for your commercial office.
NABERSNZ is an independent measurement and rating tool that benchmarks the energy performance of commercial office buildings in New Zealand. It is delivered in New Zealand by EECA Business in collaboration with the New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC).
The free feasibility assessments will help owners and tenants considering undertaking a NABERSNZ rating, to assess their building’s readiness to get started.
There are 60 feasibility assessments on offer spread across Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. These will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis to properties/clients that meet the eligibility criteria.
How does the process work?
Feasibility assessments will be carried out by NABERSNZ Interns. These Interns have successfully completed NABERSNZ Assessor training and be supervised by the NZGBC.
Once a client has successfully been accepted for this programme, the process is:
- The intern and client have an initial meeting to go through what information is needed and agree a timetable for the work.
- Another meeting is held to consider the data and go through a feasibility checklist.
- A report is prepared and delivered to the client with an assessment on their building. This report will categorise the property by how much work is needed to progress to a rating.
|The client is provided with a link to list of assessors to go start the official rating process.
A date is set for completion of a NABERSNZ rating.
Not quite ready
|The NZGBC offers advice or recommends an assessor to gather the required information for the property.|
|NZGBC provides a report to client outlining issues and recommending next steps.|
In order to qualify for a NABERSNZ feasibility assessment, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Existing commercial office property with at least 12 months energy usage data
- Minimum floor area 1000m2, used primarily as a commercial office
- First time rating
- Not applicable to properties that have already been registered for a NABERSNZ rating via the NABERSNZ portal
- Properties within the Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington City Council regions only
- Feasibility assessments must be completed by 30 June 2017 unless otherwise agreed
- Clients commit to progress to a Certified Rating unless otherwise agreed
Applicants may be property owners, tenants, consultants, building managers or facilities managers representing their clients.
All application forms will be reviewed and successful applicants will receive a free feasibility assessment. Qualifying applications will be introduced to NABERSNZ interns and an interview scheduled within one week.