Commercial building design advice
The best time to lock energy efficiency into your building is during design, construction or major refurbishment for major projects.
We can fund up to 100% of the cost of getting expert advice on any stage of your building’s design and construction.
Our Programme Partners are experts who can help you at one or more of these 4 stages of building design, construction or refurbishment.
- Initial concept for a new building – reviewing your plans and identifying options to improve energy efficiency that can be built into the design.
- Fit-out design and construction – working with you to ensure energy efficiency features are incorporated into detailed specifications, including recommendations for plant and equipment.
- Commissioning a new building – helping ensure building systems are commissioned for optimal energy efficiency.
- Assessing energy performance after occupation – making sure energy use and operation of equipment is in line with the building specifications (within the first 12 months of the building’s occupation) and recommending any necessary adjustments.
Benefits of energy efficient design
Designing a commercial building to be energy efficient has advantages for developers, building owners and tenants:
- lower energy costs for tenants
- lower running costs
- lower maintenance
- higher occupancy (and better returns for owners)
- more comfortable for occupants
- value of a building holds for longer
- slower depreciation
- meeting the growing market demand for energy efficient buildings.