Te Puni Kōkiri House, Wellington

Built in 1940, the former State Insurance building in Wellington was lauded at the time for its innovative wavy façade and extensive use of glass, which reflected new European architectural trends. Three floors were added in the late 1980s when Te Puni Kōkiri moved in.

A $7.9m improvement in value, and a 30% reduction in energy use, recently saw this historic Wellington office landmark take out a major prize in the country’s largest energy awards scheme.

About Te Puni Kōkiri House

Address

143 Lambton Quay, Wellington

NABERSNZ rating

4.5 stars

Type of rating

Base Building

Expires

13 May 2017

Size

6030.3m²
Owner Argosy Property Ltd

Related Resources

 Te Puni Kōkiri house wins EECA award, with 4.5 NABERSNZ rating

 Historic Te Puni Kōkiri house achieves 20 energy savings and double endorsement